Saturday, September 11, 2010

Creativity

Remember last week when I was all...hey...look I'm way too much of a pansy to really prove how creative I am?

Well I'm taking a leap today. I'm going to share part of my real work. The writing I keep totally hidden from outside eyes, away from the world that can criticize, rip apart and comment on how totally sucky and utterly worthless of a writer I am.

Fuck all that. Here it goes:

The Beat

And now for my solo.

Left right, left right.
I march to that beat of the different drum.
Left right or right left?
I don't even know anymore.

For here I walk in measured steps
One foot in front of another foot.
A measure in time, a measure of mine
That I cannot take back.

Tick tock, a tocking tick--
The clock on the wall commands my life
Recalls the days of the duet
That shook this home alive.

Silence.

Cue spotlight.

Our measured steps are stopped.

But my solo still walks on.

Please take me with
Don't leave me behind
In rhyme without reason
All cast aside.

I need you, need me
To still be alive.
Not us. But me. No longer we.
For we's but a wisp
Of a measure in time.

Short. Staccato. Bravado. Encore.
Rinse and repeat
I've done it before.

Once more here I go
This time alone
Left right, Right left
I think that I know.

I can do this --
Can live
In a world all alone,
In a measured out world
With mermaids and muses who will sing to me.

The coffee, it's measured.
Just like my life
In spoons with reflections
Of upside down strife.

Right left? No it isn't.
Left right?

Yes I am.


Go ahead. Judge away. [Cringes].

PS...that Go ahead, Judge away thing...not part of "The Beat." Just wanted to clear that up. I mean, who in their right mind (Ha, I first wrote write mind...witty? perhaps...error in typing...for sure) actually puts brackets in their creative pieces?

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment